RTE (Right To Education)
- The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act or Right to Education (RTE) was made in India.
- India is one of the few countries in the world to make education a right of every child.
- According to the Act and Section 12(1)c, 25% of reservation is given to children from backward and economically weaker sections.
- This is to provide free education in private schools. Parliament of India approved the RTE Act on 4 August 2009.
- The importance of this Act is to provide free and compulsory education for children between 6 to 14 years in India. The Act is under Article 21a of the Constitution.
RTE Tamil Nadu
Under the RTE Act 2009, all the weaker section students will get 25% of reservation in all schools of Tamil Nadu. Every child has the right for quality of primary education as a formal school that provides certain essential standards. The Directorate of Government Examinations is responsible to conduct admission procedures for the eligible applicants every year. The government of Tamil Nadu instructed every school to update the details of available number of seats on the website. The application forms are of free of cost. After filling the application form submit at Chief Educational office, Additional Chief Education Office (SSA), District Educational Offices, District Elementary Educational Offices, Inspector of Matriculation office & Assistant Elementary Educational Offices.
RTE Tamil Nadu Eligibility
- The children should be the permanent resident of Tamil Nadu State.
- The children from the Disadvantaged group are eligible to apply for RTE. A disadvantaged group child means; children from SC, ST, BC, MBC, Orphans, HIV affected children, Transgender, child of Scavengers, and disabled children.
- The parents from Economically Weaker Section, wh income of the parents/guardians must be less than 2 Lakhs per annum.
- The children’s age must be 6 to 14 years, classes from LKG to IX standard.
- Child Photograph (1MB)
- Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhaar/Ration Card of the Parent/Guardian
- Income Certificate (Weaker Section Children)
- Community Certificate (Disadvantaged Children)
- Disadvantaged group special category certificate.
- The parents must visit the official website in order to get the application form for the admission procedure.
- Parents need to check and read the important instructions, eligibility and related information by the official authorities for the admission process.
- The parents have to register on official website by entering basic and proper information like name, contact number, email ID, date of birth, etc.
- The official authorities will send the notifications and other important information to the contact number and email ID provided during the registration process.
- The application form is available on official website. Parents have to download the form after the registration process is completed.
- Fill the application form with the required details like personal, educational, contact, parents and other details.
- Upload the necessary documents like photograph, date of birth certificate, income certificate/community certificate, and Disadvantaged group special category certificate (If required) as in the given size and format as mentioned in the website.
- The applicants must take the application form printout after filling and pay the fee as recommended in the official website.
- The parents have to submit the application form at Chief Educational office, Additional Chief Education Office (SSA), District Educational Offices, District Elementary Educational Office, Inspector of Matriculation office & Assistant Elementary Educational Offices.
The official authority of the school will update the application fee details for the entrance exam in online mode on the website.
- The official authority will get the availability of seat vacancies on the website and will update for the admission in online mode for the reference of the applicants.
- The applications must reach the eligibility criteria set by the official authority for the admission process. If the applicants didn’t meet the eligibility criteria, the authority will not provide admission for them.
- Applicants will get all the details of further proceedings of the admission procedure in online mode on the website.
- If the application forms are more than 25% the government selects lottery system in front of the parents.